Frequently Asked Questions!
Let us know if you have any Additional questions!
Most frequent questions and answers
- Agent for the landlord (owner)
- Prepare properties for renting
- Inspect properties before, during, and after a lease term
- Market properties
- Make properties available for prospective tenants to view
- Receive applications
- Screen applicants
- Coordinate lease signings and lease renewals
- Maintain the investment property
- Provide administrative and financial property management
- For apartments, provide on-site leasing, maintenance, and management services
- Log correspondence in the property management system
- Rental Property Management Software
- Correspond with owners and tenants
- Coordinate utility payments during the make ready process
Your property, along with photos, will be advertised on our website and on various rental marketing directories. We also thoroughly screen applicants. A Property Information Sheet will be prepared for your property with all the necessary information.
Your lease rate is going to be determined by several market factors including the condition of the property, location, and the rental rates for competing homes in the immediate area. Unfortunately, the markets that dictate lease rates vary vastly from the markets that influence value of properties. Please contact our office and we can discuss this with you as it relates to your specific property. Ask us how much you could expect in rent.
- Purchasing a property in poor condition.
- Even though the purchase price may be attractive, the amount of corrections required to make it inviting to potential tenants can consume every bit of profit made available by a tenant occupying the property.
- Requesting a rent amount that is too high.
- This mistake leaves you with long term vacancies while generating no monthly income. Tenants in the rental market have a good idea of what current rents should be.
- Not keeping an open mind regarding applicants
- The changing economy has forced us to make decisions and review tenant applications differently. On average, tenant prospects have lower credit scores than the applicants from a few years back.
- Failure to take advice from your property management company.
- The rental property business is complex. But years of experience have introduced us to almost every obstacle rental ownership may present. Trust in your management company. We are here to protect your best interest.
- Not addressing tenant concerns in a timely manner.
- Failure to respond to tenant requests can create additional issues for a rental owner. The rental market is highly competitive and tenants in the same area talk with each other. Failure to respond can lead to a search for better managed living opportunities.
Would you prefer to hear from your property manager every time something occurs with the tenancy or would you prefer them to handle situations with your best interests in mind?Advise the property manager of your expectations to avoid confusion. Also discuss your preferred method of communication – is it by email, your home phone, your mobile?
We do! We are on call 24 hours a day. Why worry you? That’s why you hired us! Most emergencies are prioritized and often can wait until the next day.
We Communicate Timely and Accurate Information
We research comparable rental properties to determine the highest market rent possible for your rental property. We provide a timely turnaround of your vacant properties so they can be re-rented quickly. We seek to obtain the highest market rent possible for your rental property and immediately provide a timely turnaround of your vacant properties so they can be re-rented quickly.We keep expenses low by providing maintenance services through our own maintenance staff instead of using more expensive contractors. We handle all tenant calls for maintenance, supervising and inspecting all major repairs of the homes, and thoroughly screening all applicants to provide the most qualified Tenants possible.Leasing Services For Your Rental Property:
- Aggressive Marketing of Your Rental Property
- Prospective Tenant Screening
- Preparation of Lease Contracts for Your Rental Property
Management Services For Your Rental Property:
- Collection of Security Deposits and Monthly Rents
- Move-In/Move-Out Inspection of Your Rental Property
- Preparation of Monthly Statements
Maintenance Services For Your Rental Property:
- Response to all Tenant Requests
- Coordination of Contractors
- Complete repairs as requested of Your Rental Property
- Recommendation of Improvements of Your Rental Property
While no one ever wants to go through the eviction process, it may sometimes happen. Under those circumstances PPMG will take a close look at each scenario to assure everyone was treated fairly. We will follow the rules of the State in which the property and tenant are located to ensure everyone involved is able to find a resolution. See links below: